Wow, I am REALLY bad at keeping up with this blog. Time is so precious these days. I barely have time to do some of the things I love to do, like sew and read...and oh yeah -- SLEEP.
We had a terrific Christmas and a really fun New Year's. I was kinda bummed we didn't get any snow this year, but it's okay. I'm not a fan of it unless it's Christmas. I like snow, don't get me wrong. I just prefer the kind that either stays only on rooftops and grass (and therefore off the streets), or that is so thick everything shuts down but the sledding hills! Otherwise, I'm not into it.
The kids were all home for Christmas break, of course. All.Four.Of.Them. Yikes. It was pretty tense most days. It's so hard to find enough to keep them all busy and out of each other's hair. There were many days that I wanted to hide. I feel like half the break was rushing around shopping for Christmas and the rest of the break was trying not to pull my hair out while keeping the peace in our home! Alas, everyone lived and went back to school yesterday -- YES!
This new year of ours has so far proved very fragile for some of my close friends and people from our church. Many prayers are going up. It amazes me and comforts me how much prayer really does help. Whether or not we can change the will of God, prayer connects us. It binds us together in love and links us with the Spirit that is standing by our side. A friend at church gave me this verse, and it is EXACTLY what I needed to hear:
"But you, LORD, are a mighty soldier standing at my side" Jeremiah 20:11
God Bless you in 2011!!
No comments:
Post a Comment