Here's the dealio...I never have ANYTHING to write about, which is why I go so long between posts on here. I spend my time mostly reading OTHER bloggers' posts and writing down things they've said or praying for them or other people they've asked for prayer for.
Today I sit here wondering which thing I'd like to write about...and that is very weird. For me. By nature, I have a very outgoing personality and would rather be in-the-action and conversation rather than spectating. I'm not a spectator. I also have to watch out, however. I can be over-eager to talk and find myself being too wordy...or not letting the other person talk as much. After a conversation with someone, I often find myself regretting that I talked more and listened less. Should be the other way around. If only I could remember that beforehand. Oh, if only.
I believe I will tell you about my amazing experience I had in the form of a dream recently. A God-given, encouraging dream about a dear friend of mine's sister who is battling cancer. I do not know her at all. She lives in Florida and we have never met. I worked with her sister and we attend the same church. I have been praying for her as she comes to mind, that she would beat this awful thing called 'cancer' and that it would not take her life. On October 10, 2010 (10/10/10) I awoke at 6:39 a.m. and realized I had just had an amazing dream. I will not go into all the details, but basically there was an audio cd that "B" had made which told people of the fact that "God was coming to heal" her. She said with great excitement that He was preparing her to be healed. She knew, however, that it would not be here on earth. She said that sometimes He can fix people here, but other times He has to bring them Home to heal them. She was joyful and excited, and not fearful, and not sad. She kept saying over and over "it's okay"...and she believed it.
I have since been able to finally relay the dream to my friend and she passed it along to her sister. The sister even sent me an email! She said she was encouraged by it and thanked me. I thank GOD, not me. It ministered to me and encouraged me just as much as it did her. I do thank God for that dream. It was real and joyful and amazing. I even said that if she called me that day I bet I would have known her voice!
We don't know what the future holds for "B". She has enjoyed life so much longer than they told her she would. Some say "it's close". Judging by her emails (I was added to her "list") I would never know she is "close". Her sense of humor is awesome, and she likes to make people laugh. I can see that and I've never met her. I bet she and I could be great friends. I look forward to meeting her in Heaven one day and hearing her voice...and having her make me laugh with that great sense of humor.
It has snowed a lot here, and we are experiencing negative degree weather. I woke up to -6 this morning. Not a good day to be out, but I had lots to do. I will write more soon. Right now I'm trying to keep warm and keep the kids occupied!
No comments:
Post a Comment