Nope, I'm not referring to the hit song. I'm referring to the children being home from school. ALL.OF.THEM. Four children with four different personalities, four different preferences on how to spend their free time, and none of them in line with mine.
I had this. I had it all mapped out. I was going to get them whipped into shape and plan our days, chocked full of fun things to do once the house was kept neatly in order. Awaken them early, get cleaned up, make beds and straighten the rooms, then breakfast and clean the kitchen. And then?? FUN. FUN. FUN!! Or so I thought. We'd go to the pool, we'd go on outings to the zoo or the local amusement park, or to petting zoos...
Yeah, so much for that.
This summer has so far been none of the above. Late nights, late mornings sluggishly sleeping in way too late, lazily sitting on the couch watching TV or Facebooking...definitely NOT what I'd planned on. I recognize this happening, though I do nothing to change it. I'm stuck in a rut. A mom rut. A mom with four kids home from school rut.
Next week is VBS at our church. My mother-in-law is directing it and my daughter and I are in charge of the music for it. I am really looking forward to the time with the kids, as well as the chance to get my family back into some sort of schedule with routine. I will use this week to get back to the plans I'd originally made. The following week my oldest goes on a mission trip, then June is gone. The first week of July is centered around Independence Day and that's always fun for our family. Then we look forward to our youngest's third birthday (which is also our 15th wedding anniversary). And that almost brings July to a close. Am I trying to rush it? ABSOLUTELY.
So what are YOU doing this summer with your kids? Any ideas for me?
No comments:
Post a Comment