First of all, the GOOD news. VBS last week at our church was a big hit. We had an African theme to go along with our current support of the children at the Chafundo school in Zambia. We had a lot of fun, and the kids really liked the theme and Bible lessons, the crafts, the music (my department), and the games and crafts. It really was a great week. Our church has not done VBS for many years, so this was a first in awhile. It was my very first experience ever with it, so it was kind of scary. I think next time will be much better. The neatest thing of all was that we collected an offering every day for money to buy meals for the children at the Chafundo school. We collected - no, the CHILDREN collected - enough money to cover over 2900 meals for the school. Let me say that again.
OVER 2900 MEALS....FOR STARVING CHILDREN!!
I loved it. I loved watching those little kids bring up that money and wait patiently and eagerly to hear how many meals it totalled. At the end of the week, they had not only learned to Trust God, Love others, Follow Jesus, Care for people, and Share Christ with others, they had also raised money to feed children that need nourishment in order to focus enough to learn. That is BIG, and that is the love of Christ in the hearts of little children. What an amazing thing! At the end of the week we had an adorable program that showcased our week and what we learned. They got to sing their songs they learned for the congregation and it was so cute.
Yesterday I mowed the lawn. This is the first time I've mowed it in a month. Why? Because I finally broke down while John was in Guatemala and hired a lawn service. It was a decently cheap amount and they did a good job. However, my husband is a firm believer in not paying anyone to do a job that can be done by us for free. He is an amazing saver and very frugle with money, for that I am grateful and appreciative. THAT SAID...
I knew something bad would happen while I went out to mow the yard for 3 hours (the time it takes to push mow our yard). When I came back in, I discovered that my four year old had gotten ahold of a pair of scissors and CUT her little brother's hair! I was not shocked, as she has done this before. My husband gave her a stern talking-to while I stared at "Patches" (my new nickname for Jack). THEN, today while I was at lunch with my dad for Father's Day, she apparently didn't remember yesterday's "talking-to". She cut HER HAIR!!! I could not believe it. Not just a couple of patches, but she cut a whole chunk from the ear down on her left side. So, we drove directly to the local Great Clips and got her hair chopped off. It's actually a really cute little bob, but I will not admit that to her. She has really fine, thin hair and it gives it some body. Adorable. Jack? Not so much. His will require some buzzing, I believe.
It's been a tough couple of days and I am exhausted. But, alas, I am up at the wee hour of 1:30am to document this for posterity. In case anyone ever wonders why I went gray at the age of 40. (Hasn't happened yet, but I'm fully expecting it.)
I'm hoping tomorrow is a better, brighter day! So I'm off to bed to get some sleep. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment