For a long time now I have used this blog as a kind of "personal journal". I've treated it as an online diary, meanwhile reading others' blogs in a dreamy, envious "wish-i-could-write-like-that" way. Many of my friends have posted their blogs to the public forum, and I have contemplated this many times. However, the way I see it, who wants to hear about the musings of my overly complicated life? Who really cares about my ill-behaved kids or how I've severly failed in raising them. Who honestly wants to read about how terrible of a cook and housekeeper I am, how awful my floors look, how hard it is for me to keep things neat and clean, or how bad my time management skills are?
Then I realized...this could be therapy for me. And maybe, just maybe, there might be another frazzled, overly stressed, mother of lots, without a clue how to keep a house...just waiting to say "Hey! That's SO me, too!" And maybe then it would be therapy for BOTH of us. Possible? Okay, maybe or maybe not. I do think it would help me, though. What is the worst that could happen, I say? Readers can simply hit the "Next Blog" button and move along...on to someone with fancy tips on how to shine your silver, or how to make trash into something beautiful, or how to become a better wife/mother/daughter/human, or whatever the case may be.
Therefore, right now I am going to publish this blog and I will see what happens. The next post will be about what I feel is necessary for ME to make this blog about. Maybe it'll help someone else, too. I hope so!
Until then...
P.S. If anyone ever reads this and has any tips on how to have one of those really COOL backgrounds and blog designs, and is willing to share with me the "how-to's"....BRING IT ON! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment