Sunday, January 24, 2010

Blessings

I am so blessed to have the women in my life that I do. This morning I went to a meeting with ladies at my church, a group they call "Kitchen Windows". In accordance with Titus 2:3, the older women are teaching the younger women in this group how to manage their home and do certain tasks, such as cooking, cleaning, caring for ourselves and our children. I am so excited to be a part of this group of ladies! I already learned a lot this morning. We talked about emergency preparedness both physically (fire, tornado, flood, and other disasters), and also spiritual preparedness. In other words, how we respond spiritually when disasters (minor to major) happen in our lives.

I thought a lot after that about the people I know and the people whose blogs I read that have dealt with so much disaster in their lives lately. Not only Haitians I don't know, but there's the friend at church who lost a son to suicide, there's our beloved Stephanie (Nie), countless women I know who have lost children to soon, and on...and on...and on. It amazes me how these women lean on and trust in God to sustain them in their grief and rely on Him for strength and peace to get through it. I truly believe that in some way their grief and their pain is preparing ME for any crisis that might come my way. God forbid anything should happen to test that. I am grateful, however, for these brave souls who have offered to bare their hearts and open up for all of us to learn how God truly does renew our mercies each day and gives us the ability to go on, no matter how bad the pain is. I thank Him for each of them.

My faith and trust is in Him, now and forever, no matter what.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment