Monday, September 10, 2012

The Acquisition of Household Peace

Okay, so after my last post I've been really trying to simplify things and get organized. I'm bent on getting my life in order and dealing with the chaos that keeps me from feeling at peace. Peace is what I long for, what I strive for, and what I don't feel at the moment. At least not yet.

This weekend I got a few things accomplished, but I try not to dwell on the house much during the weekend. This home is my "office", if you will. It is my workplace. When the weekend comes, I don't want to spend time WORKING in my WORKPLACE. I like to leave time available for doing things or even just sitting around doing nothing! Either works fine for me, but having to do what I do day in and day out on the weekends doesn't give me much of a break.

SO!...Last night I consolidated our schedules. I sat down with a household calendar that I keep on a nail in the pantry for all to see, my "Mom's Planner" that I keep everything straight in, and my phone (yes, I know it seems redundant but that's how I keep it all together). My schedule and my children's, as well as my husband's schedule, is now all the same in all three places. It may sound silly, but I already felt so much better after I finished! I made my to-do list for today and for the week, and I'm proud to say I've accomplished everything on it but ONE. I caught up my emails and responded to some, I sent a few that needed to be sent, I called and RSVP'd for a birthday party this weekend (late, but at least I did!), I got two loads of laundry done (that's folded AND put away, thank you), and I took in the dry cleaning and got lunches to the appropriate children on time.

Ahhhh...I can feel the peace beginning to build!

I think, all-in-all, it was a successful and productive day. However, as I type this, my two youngest are bumping and thumping on the floor in their rooms above me and I'm quite certain destroying the place.

How was YOUR day? Any organizing tips? Cleaning suggestions? Here's one: "How is the best way to store and organize Barbie and all her friends, boyfriends, and accessories?" Please. I'm serious. She's about to be evicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment