Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring Fever!

I've got it bad. Spring Fever. I have all the motivation and desire to get it all done, but the OCD in me has me stuck in one spot. I read all these great blogs about organization and homemaking, yet I am completely dumbfounded in how to get started. It's a time factor for me, really. I am GREAT at knowing what I need to do and even BETTER at making lists.

Wanna see?

1. Take anything "non-essential" out of each room.

2. Clean all windows (inside) and dust ceiling fans & vent covers.

3. Change out furnace filter.

4. Reorganize closets and remove/store winter gear.

5. Go through basement and purge items for upcoming garage sale. **

** That last one is a doozy. I have less than two weeks to do this and it is rather daunting. Mainly because my kids will be here and I'm not real sure how they will handle it. My desire is to get rid of everything they do not play with (i.e. get out and throw around, but not really interact with) and sell it. Three of the four having upcoming birthdays in May and July, so I'm really wanting to simplify their toys. I think most of the trouble with my kids and their messiness is just overstimulation. They have too many things and are open to way too many options, so they get it ALL out, play with very little, and put NONE of it back.

I'm hoping to take a small mini-vacation in August to see a friend and go to the Women of Faith conference. I also want to put in a playset for the kids. You know, before they get too old to play on it and I have a huge useless pile of good firewood in the backyard. Hee Hee! But seriously, I'm hoping that I have enough to sell in the garage sale that I can at least pay for my plane ticket and put a good dent in what we need for the playset. Maybe wishful thinking? Hope not!

I'm going to go see what I can find to hide away while the kids are still in school. I'm so sneaky. They'll probably hold this against me someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment