Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I need a Mulligan

In the game of golf, there is this really awesome thing called a "Mulligan". A mulligan is where you essentially get a "do over". You get a second chance. Well, today I needed a mulligan.

Last night I cleaned and organized my closet and desk/dressing area. I was up until 2am getting everything sorted and organized. I also got out my planner that I've neglected for several weeks and updated it, made lists of things I need to do this week, and jotted down important upcoming events. I missed a major one...

This morning I had errands with Grandma. I then made a bee-line for church, where I had a meeting in the afternoon. Soon after, we came home to pick up my oldest child and get her back to church in time for worship practice and youth group. After all this, I was on my way home to drop said daughter off to babysit our others while my husband and I went to do some MUCH NEEDED grocery shopping. Seriously. We were down to nothing. It was important, too, but it could have waited if only I'd known.

On the way past our elementary school, I noticed many cars and families leaving the school and the parking lot was still pretty full. "Hmm, wonder what tonight was," I said to my daughter. One quick glance at the sign in the yard told me in horrifying black-and-white letters:

KINDERGARTEN ROUND-UP 4/13 6PM....."Oh no."

I missed it. My little kindergartener-to-be missed it. She sat, on our driveway, playing Barbies...oblivious to my mistake. She unknowingly missed out on all the FUN that is Kindergarten Round-up. I am so sad. I'm beside myself, is what I keep saying. Yes, she knows the school. Yes, she is familiar with it and knows some of the teachers even. And yes, she also knows many of the girls her age already that she will be going to school with. I just HATE that she missed this evening. It was important. It was a milestone!

And it's gone.

I'm so ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment