Friday, February 4, 2011

I don't DO sick!!

Okay, you're gonna have to bear with me. This might be most most dramatic post ever.

I NEVER get sick. Seriously, I haven't been sick in over two years. I don't know how, because I used to always get sick. I would constantly have sinus infections and yearly flu. Never failed! Now? Nada. Zilch. Zippo.

Until...now.

Two days ago I had a little sniffle and a small tickle in my throat. Yesterday I was bed-bound. Today? I finally managed to get out of bed, get dressed, and come down to the "land of the living". I think I even have mascara on...well, maybe one eye. I am wearing earrings, which I think just screams "I'm feeling better." Don't you?

Yesterday morning I was sure I would die. And honestly, I might have welcomed the release from the way I was feeling. Pure misery. However, I did get to watch some big people shows for a change! Normally, being a mother of four kids, being sick would have never worked out for me. However, enter the snow storm of the century and THREE SNOW DAYS in a row. Yay, me! I'm so glad they were here so that I could hibernate in my room away from them so they didn't partake of my germiness. (Yes, in "Blog World" it's a word.) My oldest held down the fort almost without casualties. Also, my mother-in-law saved the day yesterday by taking my 7-year-old for the day and by coming for dinner last night, cleaning up, bathing the kids, and putting them to bed. She is a LIFE SAVER.

No, really. She rocks.

Anyway, so I'm back upright and almost feeling normal again. Now if I can only get my strength back and get my body's energy level to catch up with my to-do list! I have a LOT on my to-do list coming up. Like...oh, I don't know...enrolling my youngest in SCHOOL!! YAAAAAY! Okay, so it's only preschool. That means three mornings of mommy time for me and me only! Which means, my house will never be cleaner and I just might make it to the gym regularly...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment