Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Erma Bombeck, Where Are You When I Need You!?

I read a post today over at www.crystalandcomp.com that made me laugh. It was full of instances I myself have had to deal with as a mom of many (if you consider four "many"). It got me thinking over all the times I have wanted to throw down my towel and say "THAT'S IT"...and just break down and cry. Or scream. You know, whichever fit the situation. Neither helps long-term, in fact both can make things much worse, but let's face it...there just are "those times".

There was the day I found my then 2-and-3 year olds with oddly patchy hair patterns...courtesy of the 3 year old "beautician". The day I found that they had both tried out the new markers I bought for school supplies on my husband's office wall in our newly-built home. The day I found an entire tube of blue toothpaste emptied out onto the CARPETED bathroom floor that the kids share. The day I discovered my sweet children had dumped half a container of Kool-Aid mix onto my sewing machine and down into the drawers of my sewing table. Many, many more instances like this have happened, and I'm sure it won't be long before something happens again.

So...if you have any ideas or advice you'd like to share about how YOU do it, please feel free to tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment