Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our Most Enjoyable Day this "Summer"

So, yesterday I posted about today being the first "official" day of summer. Well, ironically the first day of summer for us was the "coolest" weather day we've had in awhile. It was 77 degrees, partly sunny, with zero humidity.

It was glorious.

First, we went to the arboretum and walked through the gorgeous botanical gardens and along the nature path. It was so nice. We saw some really beautiful flowers and trees. I think I've decided which shrubs I'd like to fill in our mulch bed with out front. The trail was nice, but I prefer the color that all the varieties of flowers and bushes have to offer!

After the arboretum, we went to lunch at my mother-in-law's. Then, we went to the pool. My 7-year-old jumped off the diving board for the very first time! So did my nephew. We were proud of them! It was super cold, though. We adults did not last. We chickened out and watched from the chairs.

Tomorrow we are going to visit my grandmother in her new independent living facility. She sounded great today on the phone. We will have lunch with her and be there when her new bed is delivered and when they install her cable. She has needed her TV! The kids are all excited and we can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment