Here's our last week in a nutshell:
* My husband left last Saturday for a week in Guatemala, on a medical mission trip he takes every year with Medical Mission Foundation. He had a terrific week. All in all, they performed 86 surgeries!! Wow. What amazing work they did there.
* My children and I had a relaxing week and enjoyed a couple of movie nights, a few nights of dinner at "Mema's" house, and some really nice times enjoying the nice weather with neighborhood friends. I love that ours is the kind of street where kids run in and out of each other's yards, playing in front and back, and even on the front porches.
* I took my oldest daughter to see Tenth Avenue North and Third Day in concert for her birthday, then I secretly sat there enjoying it more. It was great to be with her, just the two of us! Doesn't happen very often.
* We sadly had to take my grandmother back to the nursing home following the fracture of her foot, but she is in a place she likes so that is good. We enjoyed Mother's Day there with her, after lunch with my mother-in-law, and had a nice time. My kids each made a homemade gift for me and my oldest got me white roses, my favorite!
* I picked up my husband from the airport safe and sound Sunday night...uh, er, Monday morning (came in late at 12:30am). Glad he's home and we can get back to routine.
* Yesterday we found out our 4yr old has strep throat! I'm worried because we were around so many family members on Sunday -- especially my 92yr old grandmother and a handful of elderly nursing home residents! Yikes. We'll have to wait and see. AND, today my 7yr old's school nurse called about a suspicious mole/skin tag under her arm that needs to be looked at...so now I'm waiting on the doctor's office to call.
This is such a busy month, May. Over the next couple of weeks we will be completing a year-end science project, watching our Daisy become a Brownie, "graduating" our preschooler that will be a kindergartener next year, saying goodbye to middle school and hello to high school, and wrapping up a year of AWANA Club at church. Busy, busy, busy! I'll be glad when summer gets here, and yet...I need to figure out a way to keep these kiddos busy!
Any great ideas to share?
No comments:
Post a Comment