Friday, April 1, 2011

April...a time of RENEWAL!

This has been a long, hard winter. There have been many ups and many downs, the downs compounded by a lot of cold and LOTS AND LOTS of snow. Not a fan. We have dealt with a lot but the hope of Spring brings a renewed sense of the joy of life. The ups AND the downs. There are a lot of unknowns coming our way this year, but one thing is certain. One thing I have learned this winter (via a Bible study we did at church on prayer) is that old familiar verse in Philippians..."I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me." No matter what comes my way, WE can handle it. I cannot do it alone, but with His grace and His truth and HIS love, I can endure what comes. I never could have said that before I accepted that He died for ME. That He is not a Sunday School character in a book called a Bible, but a REAL PERSON who gave His life for ME. Talk about "renewed sense of the joy of life"!

Recently I attended the Chris Tomlin "And if Our God is For Us" tour. It was amazing and uplifting. It gave me hope, even as I sat there in sadness from a situation I cannot fix alone. I love the message of Chris's songs. It is that of God's protective love and care during our hardest times. The hope of those who believe in His promise of mercy. It gives me renewed hope, renewed faith, renewed sense of purpose. I look on this new season with excitement. Even knowing some of the hard things that will come our way this year, I know - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that my Jesus will see me through and will give me strength, the strength that can ONLY come from my Savior.

Will He be yours this year?

Easter is coming...what does it mean for YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment