Wow, once again I didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted anything on here. I haven't written since Valentine's Day! My blog REALLY needs a new look. It needs a serious "face lift". My old layout expired and as you can see, I have done NOTHING to fix it. I need to sit down and pick a new layout. Oh, the choices. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Lately it has been pretty chaotic, which for our house is pretty standard operating procedure. My husband has been working non-stop, as usual, the kids all have their activities -- cheer, dance, Daisy (Girl Scouts), except for Jack. He hasn't started anything yet, but oh when he does...I know it'll be that much more nuts.
I'm really kind of getting excited, though, this is a new season of change for us. My oldest is starting 9th grade next year at the high-school. Her 8th grade class is going for a tour of the high-school today, as a matter of fact. We went to orientation the other night and found out all the details, and they want a preliminary schedule by March 4th. WOW! I don't remember doing all this so early when I was in school. I couldn't help but think, sitting in that gym the other night during orientation, that in just four short years I will be sitting in there watching her graduate. Then I felt bad for actually being excited for that. It's not that I am anxious to get rid of her, I'm just excited for her to be able to get out on her own (so to speak) and make her way. She is a very head-strong and determined girl and she will be great at whatever she chooses to do. As of this moment, however, she has no idea what that will be. Neither did I at her age, nor most people I knew at that age! I pray she'll listen to God's calling and go in the direction He sets out for her. I truly am excited, though! I am NOT, however, excited for her to make the cheer team. Yeah, at an estimated $700 cost for the year including uniform, shoes, accessories, poms, etc., I'm secretly hoping she decides not to do it. :)
The next milestone is that my now-4yr-old will be turning 5 in May and that means....KINDERGARTEN! I am really excited for this as well, because SHE is SO ready and can't wait. I'm not one of those moms who gets emotional and gushy and teary-eyed at Kindergarten drop-off. I'm just not built that way, I guess. I used to have a lot of guilt over it, but I don't anymore. I am excited for them to grow and develop and learn, and make new friends and have fun. I look forward to her going and she is really excited.
Now for the last. My "baby" (our 4th and final child) will be starting pre-school next year! He will go three mornings a week. He had his sign-up day the other week and we got him all signed in and ready. Now I just have to explain to him every day that no, he is not going to school yet. How do you explain 6 months waiting to a 3yr old? You don't. You DO, however, get to say "not today, buddy" over and over and over for 6 months. Actually, it will be easier when the girls aren't in school - over the summer. Then at least they won't be going off to school while he has to stay home with me. I know, he suffers badly. (smile)
Me? I am really at a struggle for what to do next year. I will have three mornings a week that I have completely to myself. I would like to use this time wisely. Is it to make sure my home is perfectly clean on a constant basis? Will it be to get my body back into shape and bring down the blood pressure and cholesterol that has my heart doing funky things? Or will it be caring for my 92-yr-old grandmother that is having trouble now living on her own? Not sure what it will look like. I'm praying that God will point me in the direction He wants me to go and that I will use the time wisely and not sitting on my couch reading blogs. Just kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment