Saturday was wonderful. In the morning I got to watch Caitlin at her school in a cheerleading competition. It was very cool. They did a wonderful job, but sadly did not win any awards. It's middle school, though, and it's their first year. They did perform well.
Saturday afternoon John and I got to get away by ourselves and go shopping. We have lived in our "new" home (and I use that term very loosely given its current appearance) for one year this weekend. We have, before Saturday, had yet to put any artwork or decoration of any kind on the walls of our main floor. The girls have two pieces of art on their walls upstairs, but that is it. We bought some gorgeous pieces for the walls in the kitchen, and we also bought lamps for the living room and our bedroom. You know, it is amazing to me how warm and inviting a room can become with the simple addition of lamps! I love it. I love how the kitchen and living room look in the light of the evening, warm and cozy. I can't wait to do the rest of the house. Now I'm on a roll and inspired...but slightly a little lighter in the wallet, so it'll be a little bit before I can continue.
Sunday morning was lovely...for awhile. John and I were lying in that "I'm awake, but refusing to admit that it is morning" state...when Jack appeared at our door and came to climb in and snuggle with us. Our footboard on our bed (sleighbed) rises in the center, so Jack had to sit up to see the TV. He then decided to flop back down on the pillow that should have been behind him. Instead, what was behind him was...me.
My nose, to be exact.
All I know is I felt and HEARD an audible "POP!"...and then intense pain. I jumped up the second I put my hands to my face and felt the wetness. By the time I made it to the bathroom my hands and face were covered in blood. Don't ya just love how badly faces bleed? Especially noses. Ick. Unfortunately, I had gotten droplets of it all over my WHITE sheets and bedspread. I don't know if I can get it out; it is dry-clean only. Nothing I tried worked, but maybe the dry cleaners have something they use for stains. We'll have to see.
I have a large bruise atop my wide, swollen nose. I really do hope that the swelling will go away soon. I have a large-ish nose anyway, so I don't need the help. I'm sure it's better than what I see in the mirror, but right now the vain part of me thinks it looks awful. Oh well, maybe it'll be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment