Saturday, October 10, 2009

Not a Soccer Mom

This morning we had Mackenzie's soccer game and pictures prior-to. It was a balmy 42 degrees when we woke up and barely made it to 50 by game time at 11:30. As I sat there freezing under two blankets and trying to keep Caroline and I both warm, I remembered that when Caitlin played soccer the little ones and I would watch from the parking lot...in the warmth of the CAR. I decided I was certainly not the devoted "soccer mom" most women are. There were women there dressed up in their fashionable sweatsuits with matching gloves and headgear, Starbucks cup of hot whatever in their hands. Cheering and hollering at their daughter and rooting for the team. I, however, was huddled with my 3-year-old deep within the two blankets I had brought...because I had come totally unprepared for the cold and blustery wind. I had a sweatshirt, no coat, no gloves, and Caroline had on a fleece hooded sweatshirt and jeans with mary janes and no socks (that kid refuses to wear socks any day). So, I realized I am NOT the good little soccer mom. I do, however, love watching them play and seeing their little faces light up as they jump up and down when they score a goal. I guess that makes the time in the cold worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment